So this is a walkthrough of the Neytiri piece I posted yersterday.
excuse the massive size of the file but yeah.
1) Unlevelled Rawscan - Drawn on A4 size printer paper using 4H and HB leads. I took a bit of liberty with the Anatomy, but aimed to try and get her face looking close to how she looks in the film.
2) Lineart cleaned and levelled - this process like the remainder of the steps done in PSCS3 using an Intuos2.
3) Base colour flats applied - All I do is basically trace around her outline, then fill in the areas with certain colours. This process is tedious, but has to be done.
4) Additional details added - Longest part of the whole thing. The pattern on her skin detail was quite tasking.
5) Background is created - lots of playing around w/ palettes.
6) Character and Final background touches.
7 - 9) Added highlights, shades and tints to the figure - I find this stage the most fun.
10) Applied secondary lighting.
11) Applied blurs and such - added the twang of her Bow, and some basic focus and movement blurs.
12) Final view after the addition of my tag and adding a slight glow.
4h/HBpencil/A4PrinterPaper > PSCS3/Intuos2 for more Resources, walkthroughs and Tutorials:
--> [link] <--