BIG FILE WARNING
So it's the return of the Walkthroughs!
Not going to explain much about the process, but more so my thoughts behind each section.
(1) The Initial layout. When I was informed of this project I got excited as I'd finally have an official piece in Marvel VS Capcom (and my first Official MARVEL piece).
As a tribute to the My Gho-Strider
piece, I decided to draw up Strider and Ghost Rider.
It was a basic layout but something effective I felt.
(2) So shortly after I was then informed that what was required was at LEAST 3 from MARVEL and 3 from CAPCOM.
Sure, eventhough whilst knowing the time I had to work on this was very short, Being the masochist that I am I just KNEW that I was going to end up doing more than 6 characters. Heck I would've attempted what *alvinlee
did up by having all 50 characters, but I didn't have the time that he had to work on it, so it's all good.
With that said, I selected the few characters that I wanted to include. Not the common ones that you'd probably expect from me, but the ones that I simply felt like drawing up.
I tell you, Drawing up a layout with the characters interacting is both fun and challenging.
(3) As I had hoped, the layout was approved and the Lineart was drawn. 100% Digital lines for this one as I did not have any paper with me at all. Fun few hours that was!
(4) Highlights and Shades in Greyscale! Yep I enjoy switching up my process when colouring. Sometimes flats first, sometimes rendering first. Whatever I feel like doing first really. I really regretted shading Shuma-Gorath the way I did . . painstaking, but I suppose worth it.
(5) Something I figure I'd experiment with. *shrugs*
Tinting shadows and all that stuff. Helps with depth and variation.
(6) Flats now applied! Not much to say here.
(7) Added some slight tints and fades and blurs. All to add more depth and separate the foreground to the background.
(8) Ta Dahhhh, Final product.
Did up the Fire (love doing fire in celshades), GR's chain and some more extra stuff to spiff it up.
REALLY enjoyed this piece.
Cheers for viewing, and for reading all this, hah!MORE WALKTHROUGHS HERE!